Sunday, January 6, 2008

Edifying Education

As I was typing up a brief biography, I accidentally wrote that I was in edification instead of education. I make a lot of typos and squirrel around a lot of words, so this is nothing new. (In fact, it took me about 30 seconds to spell squirrel correctly.) I quickly corrected my mistake, but after thinking about it for a moment, being an edifier isn't that far off from what I do. An edifier instructs in intellectual, moral and spiritual growth. While I make no claims on that third aspect of growth, I can see teachers as encouraging intellectual and moral growth in their students. I wonder if I should my resume to include this added job description.

I know this is a short post, but I wanted to share it anyway because any little incident can provide an opportunity to reflect.

No comments: